- [Sarah] We're at four.
- We all know that a good diet cankeep our bones healthy but exercise can play a bigrole in that as well so today I am atBellicon with Sarah to talk about building a bone densityand improving your bone health through exercise anddoing it in a way that is very unexpectedand that is on a trampoline.
- Yes, on a trampoline.
You can think of when you were a kidyou were bouncing on a trampoline all the time everyday.
That was with springs.
The bungees is going to help you with increasing your bonedensity because it's lower impact but youstill get that weight-bearing exercise.
Because of the uneven surface you're balancing butalso you're really digging down just like a weight-bearingexercise into that trampoline.
So that squat is building that bone density.
Then bring both hands out to the sidesthree, I like this intensity.
- And probably a lot easier on our joints and our bonesthan running on a hard surface.
When you're jogging on a trampoline it is thatspongy kind of resistance into that Belliconso it gets you up higher,you're using your abdominals,you're using different muscles so it'schallenging you in a better way.
You have to focus in on your posture.
So it helps your whole body get stronger.
- I think the fun factor of bouncing up and down on atrampoline is what's gonna help you maintainthe longevity of living a healthy life.
- Yeah, definitely, we have people that arein their 80's that are bouncing on a trampolineand what we've noticed they don't look down anymore,they don't feel like they're going to fall and tripover themselves, they can walk up and down the stairsmore frequently and a little bit more with ease.
- Should we get bouncing?- Let's do it!- Okay.
We grab some towels to use for our first exercise.
- Just place in between your inner thighs.
Squeeze those legs a little bit closer togetherand I want you to put a little pressureinto your heels.
And now bend those knees a little bit.
And you're going to feelput a little pressure to your heels.
Inner thighs are working, glutes are working,abs are working and then I want youto just let those hands come nice forward for me.
- Wooo!- And one more fun little trick.
We're gonna just move our arms.
And we're working our arms, we're working our abs,our glutes, everything.
So for our second exercise we're gonnado a nice jumping jack.
We're gonna just start with straight legs.
Once again you're pushing down through those feet.
So now, just start to bend those knees a little bitand start to pick up the speed.
For our third exercise we're gonna go into a little twist.
Separate those feet a little bit.
And put weight into both your big toe,your pinky toe and your heel.
- Have it.
- And then start to twist it out.
One hand is reaching out,one hand coming to your heart center.
- K, good job, I love this.
- [Both] Yeah!- I'm gonna keep bouncing.
For more Motivation to Move and another exerciseby this one, Sarah,head to our website, livinghealthytv.
Okay, what are we gonna do, twist?- We're gonna monkey it out.
- Oh yeah, monkey.